Lasting solutions for healthier gums
Gum disease poses serious threats to your oral health, including swollen and bleeding gums, bone loss, receding gums, loose teeth, and eventual tooth loss. Often, the symptoms are subtle, and you may be unaware that there’s even an issue.
From personalized treatment plans to cutting-edge interventions, at Gresham Dental, we’re committed to providing comprehensive care. Contact our Gresham gum disease dentists and let us guide you toward a healthier and more resilient smile.
What causes gum disease?
Gum or periodontal disease starts with bacterial plaque along the gumline, progressing to harmful tartar and bacteria that cause inflammation. Factors like poor oral hygiene, tobacco use, genetics, hormonal changes, certain medical conditions, and stress contribute to its development.
Regular dental check-ups and consistent oral care are essential for prevention and management, ensuring lasting gum and teeth health. Contact our Gresham gum disease dentist at (503) 666-7000 for personalized advice.
Advanced treatments for gum disease
- Scaling and Root Planing – This deep cleaning procedure surpasses the standard dental cleaning, targeting bacterial buildup beneath the gum line to alleviate inflammation and hinder disease spread.
- Gum Grafting and Bone Grafting – Surgical interventions can address severe cases of gum disease by restoring damaged gum tissue and promoting bone regeneration.
What to Expect
- Conduct a thorough examination of your oral health to assess the extent of the gum disease and identify any contributing factors.
- Develop a personalized treatment plan tailored to address your gum disease effectively.
- Ensure your comfort and guide your gum disease treatment, whether it involves scaling and root planing or surgical procedures.
- Prioritize transparent communication, guaranteeing you are well-informed about every step of your gum disease treatment.
Kind words from our patients
“This dental is absolutely my favorite, all of the staff are the sweetest people! I highly recommend it.”
– Svetlana D.
“I can’t say enough good stuff about Gresham Dental. They are skilled, efficient, and kind. Great crew and I’m grateful for the referral my friend gave me!”
– Christine H.
“This is a great team… From the hygienist, dental assistant, dentist, and even the financial team. Everyone took the time to explain things and was very supportive!”
– Eva B.
No insurance? No problem!
Whether you’re insured or not, Gresham Dental accommodates diverse dental plans and offers flexible financing options. For those without insurance, we provide accessible payment choices.
Contact us at (503) 666-7000 for more details or to verify your insurance coverage. Accessible dental care is just one call away.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is gum disease?
Gum or periodontal disease is the primary cause of preventable tooth loss in adults. This condition arises from bacterial biofilm along the gum line, causing damage to teeth, gums, and jaw bone loss.
What are the common signs of gum disease?
- Red, inflamed, bleeding, or swollen gums
- Gum recession (teeth appearing longer)
- Black triangles between teeth
- Loose or mobile teeth
What is the impact of gum disease on health?
Gum disease is linked to systemic health issues such as diabetes, strokes, heart disease, and low birth weight in pregnancy. It can also compromise the body’s ability to combat other infections and is associated with respiratory infections.
How can I prevent gum disease?
- Daily brushing and flossing
- Changing your toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Avoiding smoking and tobacco
- Scheduling cleanings and exams at least twice a year
We can’t wait to make you smile
Whether you need help with a specific issue or you are looking for your family’s next dental home, we are here for you.